Restaurants and small businesses account for hundreds of billions of dollars in annual purchasing, yet most of it happens offline. From the humblest NYC slice and a cup of joe to museum-quality lattes (and, yes, avocado toast), each order represents a long paper trail and a series of truck deliveries.
A relentless executive team has set out to change this reality, armed with deep industry and entrepreneurial experience, personal conviction, and $70M in funding from Eclipse, Floodgate, and the early backers of Facebook, Lyft and Airbnb.
With footholds in several major American urban centers, Cheetah is already streamlining the daily workflow of hundreds of restaurants and small business owners. Using Cheetah’s services, they manage millions of dollars in monthly purchasing, while Cheetah eliminates the burden of costly sales reps and inflexible, inefficient distribution centers. Partnering with the largest wholesale suppliers in the US, Cheetah is bringing Silicon Valley user experience and data-driven insight to a space that hadn’t changed much in decades. In the process, we’re helping to reintroduce the small business owner to the small farmer, global supply chains to familiar faces; and delivery and logistics workers to increased mobility and new opportunities.
Operating smack in the middle of supply and demand, Cheetah has introduced unprecedented transparency in pricing and inventory to the SMB marketplace. In doing so, Cheetah allows the people who form the backbone of local economies to focus on what they love: cooking great food and providing excellent service. From the convenience of their phones, business owners can now order whatever they need, discover new, rare or seasonal specialty products, and prioritize their customers. No more rushing to unload your double-parked van, or waiting anxiously for a truck to show up with your weekly allotment of boxes.
About the University Recruiter role:
We are seeking a highly motivated University Recruiter who will bring the best and brightest students to Cheetah. You’ll be working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and you’ll have the opportunity to wear several different hats: full cycle recruiting, university strategy, and programming to promote the Cheetah brand on campuses. You’ll find innovative ways to build a strong network of new grads for our growing teams.
What you’ll do:
- Manage Cheetah’s interactions with various universities and colleges
- Source and evaluate potential employees from undergraduate institutions
- Engage with on-campus recruiters and ambassadors to build Cheetah’s brand name recognition
- Collaborate with the entire Cheetah team to understand and anticipate personnel needs
- Attend college career fairs and campus events
- Work with marketing to develop branded materials designed to attract college applicants
- Design and host “in-house” career days for current students and recent graduates
- Roll your sleeves up and get involved wherever needed (coordination, events, etc.)
Benefits and Perks
- Fun work environment with a fully-stocked kitchen and snack area
- Monthly catered lunches
- Company happy hours, team building events, and intramural sports teams
- Unlimited paid time off
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance and commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan and flexible spending benefits
- The opportunity to work alongside a visionary team during Cheetah’s rapid growth!