Restaurants and small businesses account for hundreds of billions of dollars in annual purchasing, yet most of it happens offline. From the humblest NYC slice and a cup of joe to museum-quality lattes (and, yes, avocado toast), each order represents a long paper trail and a series of truck deliveries.
A relentless executive team has set out to change this reality, armed with deep industry and entrepreneurial experience, personal conviction, and $70M in funding from Eclipse, Floodgate, and the early backers of Facebook, Lyft and Airbnb.
With footholds in several major American urban centers, Cheetah is already streamlining the daily workflow of hundreds of restaurants and small business owners. Using Cheetah’s services, they manage millions of dollars in monthly purchasing, while Cheetah eliminates the burden of costly sales reps and inflexible, inefficient distribution centers. Partnering with the largest wholesale suppliers in the US, Cheetah is bringing Silicon Valley user experience and data-driven insight to a space that hadn’t changed much in decades. In the process, we’re helping to reintroduce the small business owner to the small farmer, global supply chains to familiar faces; and delivery and logistics workers to increased mobility and new opportunities.
Operating smack in the middle of supply and demand, Cheetah has introduced unprecedented transparency in pricing and inventory to the SMB marketplace. In doing so, Cheetah allows the people who form the backbone of local economies to focus on what they love: cooking great food and providing excellent service. From the convenience of their phones, business owners can now order whatever they need, discover new, rare or seasonal specialty products, and prioritize their customers. No more rushing to unload your double-parked van, or waiting anxiously for a truck to show up with your weekly allotment of boxes.
About the Technical Program Manager role:
We are seeking a technical and highly motivated team player to be the driving force behind the roadmap, development, implementation, and release of key supply chain initiatives that serve our rapidly growing customer base. You’ll be joining an experienced team of product managers, designers, and engineers who develop large scale business and product features that have direct impact on Cheetah’s growth. On a day to day basis, you’ll be meeting with operations personnel, and collaborating with key internal stakeholders and leadership to develop and drive the strategy for our full Supply Chain stack. You are detail-oriented, data driven, and have a genuine passion for helping restaurants and small businesses succeed!
What You’ll Do:
- Manage Netsuite & other SaaS platform development
- Develop clear and concise specifications from incomplete, conflicting or ambiguous data
- Collaborate with data scientists to implement and drive analytics on key SC initiatives
- Communicate progress and results to leadership
- Build and maintain a clear roadmap based on key company and product objectives
- Work with engineering, design and other stakeholders on a variety of complex initiatives
- 2-5 years of experience in program management
- A proven track record of shipping new products, and you know how to iterate and deliver small, medium and large improvements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to work with our global team
- Scrappy, resourceful, and a self-starter that is at your best when working with a team of talented felines
- Able to spec like a developer, design for empathy, and communicate well with everyone
- Empathetic toward small business owners
- Entrepreneurial in spirit, or you’ve run your own business before
- Risk tolerant but data-driven; you live by the scientific method
- Passionate about restaurants and small businesses, and are committed to building a powerhouse from the ground up
Benefits and Perks
- Fun work environment with a fully-stocked kitchen and snack area
- Monthly catered lunches
- Company happy hours, team building events, and intramural sports teams
- Unlimited paid time off
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance and commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan and flexible spending benefits
- The opportunity to work alongside a visionary team during Cheetah’s rapid growth!