Last updated: May 29, 2019
What personal information do we and our service providers collect and how we use it
We and our service providers collect personal information to provide you with our Services. When we require certain personal information from users it is because we are required by applicable law to collect this information or it is relevant for specified purposes. Any information you provide to us that is not required is voluntary. You are free to choose whether to provide us with the types of personal information requested, but we may not be able to serve you as effectively or offer you all of our Services when you do choose not to share certain information with us.
For example, we collect personal information which is required under the law to open an account, add a payment method, or execute a transaction. We and our service providers also collect personal information when you use or request information about our Services, subscribe to marketing communications, request support, complete surveys, or sign up for a Cheetah account. We may also collect personal information from you offline, such as when you contact customer support. We may use this information in combination with other information we collect about you, as set forth in this Notice.
Types of information we and our service providers collect:
- Your account registration data you provided, including name, email, phone numbers, addresses;
- Your credit card, bank account and/or other billing information;
- Support information you provided, such as your name, email address, file attachments, and/or phone number;
- Business information like your company name, address;
- Any other information you provide to us, such as, but not limited to, when you add a coworker to join the Services, refer an individual to Cheetah, or submit a resume to apply for a job with us
We and our service providers use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services to you. When you want to sign up for a Cheetah account, we require certain information from you. Such information may include your contact information, location and payment information.
- To send you Service-related communications. We send administrative or account-related information to you to keep you updated about our Services, inform you of relevant security issues or updates, or provide other transaction-related information to you. Without such communications, you may not be aware of important developments relating to your account that may affect how you can use our Services.
- For identification, authentication and security. We and our service providers are committed to providing you with a secure experience on our Services. To do so, we process your Personal Information to enhance security, monitor and verify identity or service access, combat spam or other malware or security risks. Without processing your Personal Information, we may not be able to ensure the security of our Services.
- To enforce terms, agreements or policies. We and our service providers process your Personal Information to actively monitor, investigate, prevent and mitigate any alleged or actual prohibited, illicit or illegal activities on our Services or violations of our posted user terms. In addition, we may process your Personal Information to enforce our agreements with third parties and partners, and/or collect fees based on your use of our Services. We may use any of your Personal Information collected on our Services for these purposes. We cannot perform our Services in accordance with our terms, agreements or policies without processing your Personal Information for such purposes.
- To provide customer service. When you contact us with questions, feedback, concerns, disputes, or issues, we process your Personal Information so we can respond to you and resolve any issues. If we do not process your Personal Information, we cannot respond to your requests and ensure your continued use of the Services.
- To conduct research and development. We pride ourselves in being innovative and continuing to offer you new, customized or improved features on our Services. In order to do so, we and our service providers process your Personal Information to better understand you and the way you use and interact with our Services. Without such processing, we cannot ensure your continued enjoyment of part or all of our Services.
- To maintain legal and regulatory compliance. We and our service providers process your Personal Information, to pay our taxes or fulfill our other business obligations, and/or to manage risk as required under applicable law. We cannot perform the Services in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements without processing your Personal Information for such purposes.
Collection & use of information collected automatically
We and our service providers receive and store certain types of information automatically, such as whenever you interact with the Sites or use the Services. This information does not necessarily reveal your identity directly but may include information about the specific device you are using, such as the hardware model, operating system version, web-browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer) and your Internet Protocol (IP) address/MAC address/device identifier.
For example, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including how you came to and used the Services; your IP address; device type and unique device identification numbers, device event information (such as crashes, system activity and hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL), broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical data collected through cookies, pixel tags and other similar technologies that uniquely identify your browser. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our website, including pages accessed and links clicked. We may use identifiers to recognize you when you arrive at the Site via an external link, such as a link appearing on a third party site.
How we protect your personal information
- Our Services use HTTPS and to ensure the user that they can safely and freely submit their personal information securely.
- We and our service providers store your personal information on servers in the United States and elsewhere in the world where our service providers are located, and we protect it by maintaining safeguards complicit with U.S. federal and state law.
- We and our service providers store your personal information securely until you request us to remove you from our database by emailing us at [email protected].
We and our service providers may serve you targeted advertisements based on your profile and your Cheetah catalog browsing history with our Services. We may share account identifiers (such as an email address, phone number, or user ID) with our service providers to help identify you across devices.
Our ad vendors
We may use the following service providers to advertise to you: LinkedIn, Facebook, Google AdWords, Admob, TubeMogul, Inmobi, Airpush, AdRoll, Outbrain, Taboola, Appsflyer, Twitter (Mopub), Criteo, Remerge, Applovin, Ironsource, or other similar digital campaign agencies we select as service providers.
We do not and will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
How you can request, change or delete your personal information
You have every right to change or delete your personal information at any time. In order to change your personal information, you can access your profile though the mobile applications from the sidebar. In order to close your account, please email us at [email protected] or create a support request through the app. Closing your account will mark your account as deleted, unless you request specifically to delete your account from our database.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of your personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to us at our designated address and receive the following information: (a) the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; and (b) the names and addresses of third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, then examples of the products or services marketed.
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. You may make such a request by emailing [email protected].
CAN-SPAM Act of 2003
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. We collect your email address in order to deliver important updates and communication about the website after the original transaction has occurred.
To be accordance with CAN-SPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email. Unsubscribing from our emails does not delete your account from our database. See instructions above.