Restaurants and small businesses account for hundreds of billions of dollars in annual purchasing, most of it happening offline. From the humblest NYC slice and cup of joe to museum-quality lattes (and, yes, avocado toast), each order represents a long paper trail and series of truck deliveries.
Operating smack in the middle of supply and demand, Cheetah is the leading e-commerce solution for Small-Medium Business supplies, a $1T market in the US alone. Cheetah has introduced unprecedented transparency in pricing and inventory to the SMB marketplace. Customers are no longer beholden to expensive sales reps who lure them in with introductory pricing, only to slowly ratchet them up onto a precarious treadmill of balancing payments and cash flows. Cheetah allows the people who form the backbone of local economies to focus on what they love doing: cook great food and provide excellent service. From the convenience of their phones, business owners can now order whatever they need, discover new, rare or seasonal specialty products, and prioritize their customers.
Our backend team is looking for a top backend Developer with a can-do attitude, passion, and experience in implementing cutting-edge technology into the latest company products. As a backend developer in Cheetah you will:
- Build and design our platform infrastructure
- Deliver a great user experience that is super-fast for end users.
- Design and review code, troubleshoot, and act as a mentor to team members on technical matters.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of engineering experience
- ROR/Python experience – HUGE ADVANTAGE!
- A strong understanding of database design and query optimization.
- Experience in machine learning (including academic) – advantage
- Startups or Mobile companies experience – a significant advantage!
- Experience with data collecting and analyzing – advantage
- Knowledge of Agile principles
- B.SC in Computer Science, or equivalent – Advantage
- Results driven, fast learner and most important – a team player – MUST!!