Restaurants and small businesses account for hundreds of billions of dollars in annual purchasing, yet most of it happens offline. From the humblest NYC slice and a cup of joe to museum-quality lattes (and, yes, avocado toast), each order represents a long paper trail and a series of truck deliveries.
A relentless executive team has set out to change this reality, armed with deep industry and entrepreneurial experience, personal conviction, and $70M in funding from Eclipse, Floodgate, and the early backers of Facebook, Lyft and Airbnb.
With footholds in several major American urban centers, Cheetah is already streamlining the daily workflow of hundreds of restaurants and small business owners. Using Cheetah’s services, they manage millions of dollars in monthly purchasing, while Cheetah eliminates the burden of costly sales reps and inflexible, inefficient distribution centers. Partnering with the largest wholesale suppliers in the US, Cheetah is bringing Silicon Valley user experience and data-driven insight to a space that hadn’t changed much in decades. In the process, we’re helping to reintroduce the small business owner to the small farmer, global supply chains to familiar faces; and delivery and logistics workers to increased mobility and new opportunities.
Operating smack in the middle of supply and demand, Cheetah has introduced unprecedented transparency in pricing and inventory to the SMB marketplace. In doing so, Cheetah allows the people who form the backbone of local economies to focus on what they love: cooking great food and providing excellent service. From the convenience of their phones, business owners can now order whatever they need, discover new, rare or seasonal specialty products, and prioritize their customers. No more rushing to unload your double-parked van, or waiting anxiously for a truck to show up with your weekly allotment of boxes.
About the Senior Inventory Analyst role:
We are seeking a Senior Inventory Analyst, who will be responsible for monitoring and providing in-depth analysis of various aspects of supply chain management, mainly of inventory optimization and risk management. This position should be able to leverage strong analytical skills to identify issues and barriers to increase efficiency and effectiveness to meet corporate and departmental goals for overall supply chain management and business operations.
We are looking for a team-player, who is analytical, inquisitive, eager to learn, and has a genuine passion for helping restaurants and small businesses succeed!
What You’ll Do:
- Review and investigate inventory movement (receipts, transfers, cycle counts, adjustments, etc.) on a daily basis and book adjustments, as needed
- Book month-end close inventory journal entries, including reserves
- Reconcile inventory on a monthly basis
- Work with Business Intelligence, Category Management, and Executive teams to build relevant dashboards
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of the following:
- Days Payable by Supplier, Category, and other breakdowns; trending analysis on key terms
- Inventory Aging
- Inventory turnover, shrink, obsolescence, and other inventory KPI’s
- Contribution Margin Analysis by location/market, channel, etc.
- Work with the Controller on working capital analysis, as it relates to Cash, AP, and Inventory
- Support AP team (merchandise payables), which includes:
- Providing assistance to resolve purchase price variances between the PO and the invoice and quantity discrepancies between the invoice and the PO receipt
- Work with buyers and suppliers to improve payment terms
- Support system, process and control environment enhancements to optimize the inventory management function
- Support gross margin improvement efforts
- Work with Operations on annual physical inventory and ensure accuracy of counts
- Ensure inventory unit costs (and quantities) in inventory management system (NetSuite) is accurate
- Assist with audit requests
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as assigned
- 5+ years of inventory management/analysis experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Ability to work collaboratively across different departments
- Advanced analytical skills
- Strong work ethic
- Inquisitive and curious; eager to learn
- Experience with ERP systems (NetSuite a plus)
Benefits and Perks
- Fun work environment with a fully-stocked kitchen and snack area
- Monthly catered lunches
- Company happy hours, team building events, and intramural sports teams
- Unlimited paid time off
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance and commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan and flexible spending benefits
- The opportunity to work alongside a visionary team during Cheetah’s rapid growth!