Restaurants and small businesses account for hundreds of billions of dollars in annual purchasing, yet most of it happens offline. From the humblest NYC slice and a cup of joe to museum-quality lattes (and, yes, avocado toast), each order represents a long paper trail and a series of truck deliveries.
A relentless executive team has set out to change this reality, armed with deep industry and entrepreneurial experience, personal conviction, and $70M in funding from Eclipse, Floodgate, and the early backers of Facebook, Lyft and Airbnb.
With footholds in several major American urban centers, Cheetah is already streamlining the daily workflow of hundreds of restaurants and small business owners. Using Cheetah’s services, they manage millions of dollars in monthly purchasing, while Cheetah eliminates the burden of costly sales reps and inflexible, inefficient distribution centers. Partnering with the largest wholesale suppliers in the US, Cheetah is bringing Silicon Valley user experience and data-driven insight to a space that hadn’t changed much in decades. In the process, we’re helping to reintroduce the small business owner to the small farmer, global supply chains to familiar faces; and delivery and logistics workers to increased mobility and new opportunities.
Operating smack in the middle of supply and demand, Cheetah has introduced unprecedented transparency in pricing and inventory to the SMB marketplace. In doing so, Cheetah allows the people who form the backbone of local economies to focus on what they love: cooking great food and providing excellent service. From the convenience of their phones, business owners can now order whatever they need, discover new, rare or seasonal specialty products, and prioritize their customers. No more rushing to unload your double-parked van, or waiting anxiously for a truck to show up with your weekly allotment of boxes.
About the Recruiter role:
As a Recruiter, you will be working alongside our HR team to build our talent pipeline and attract high-quality candidates to the company. Having the ability to adapt, to think on your toes and a strong ‘“self-starter” attitude will place you right into our focal point! Our ideal candidate will have full-cycle recruiting experience in a fast-paced work environment. You are motivated, organized, tenacious and you have a sincere passion for helping restaurants and other small businesses succeed!
What you’ll do:
- Act as a full-cycle recruiter for positions as assigned
- Engage with prospective candidates and continuously expand the pipeline of new candidates.
- Execute the sourcing, screening, interviewing, evaluation, and offer negotiation process for both corporate and operations staff
- Meet strict deadlines by reaching out to applications via phone, email, and text
- Communicate with managers to understand hiring needs.
- Extensive work in our ATS including building pipelines
- Other tasks as needed
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 2-3 years of recruiting and sourcing experience
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and client relationships
- Proficiency in boolean search, including social media sourcing tactics.
- Strong communication skills, with excellent writing ability.
- A natural ability to keep applicants engaged and open to future opportunities.
- A great listener, in tune with our teams and people’s needs.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail and follow through.
- Experience working independently, with excellent judgement in managing priorities.
- College Degree preferred
Benefits and Perks
- Fun work environment with a fully-stocked kitchen and snack area
- Monthly catered lunches
- Company happy hours, team building events, and intramural sports teams
- Unlimited paid time off
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance and commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan and flexible spending benefits
- The opportunity to work alongside a visionary team during Cheetah’s rapid growth!