Restaurants and small businesses account for hundreds of billions of dollars in annual purchasing, yet most of it happens offline. From the humblest NYC slice and a cup of joe to museum-quality lattes (and, yes, avocado toast), each order represents a long paper trail and a series of truck deliveries.
A relentless executive team has set out to change this reality, armed with deep industry and entrepreneurial experience, personal conviction, and $70M in funding from Eclipse, Floodgate, and the early backers of Facebook, Lyft and Airbnb.
With footholds in several major American urban centers, Cheetah is already streamlining the daily workflow of hundreds of restaurants and small business owners. Using Cheetah’s services, they manage millions of dollars in monthly purchasing, while Cheetah eliminates the burden of costly sales reps and inflexible, inefficient distribution centers. Partnering with the largest wholesale suppliers in the US, Cheetah is bringing Silicon Valley user experience and data-driven insight to a space that hadn’t changed much in decades. In the process, we’re helping to reintroduce the small business owner to the small farmer, global supply chains to familiar faces; and delivery and logistics workers to increased mobility and new opportunities.
Operating smack in the middle of supply and demand, Cheetah has introduced unprecedented transparency in pricing and inventory to the SMB marketplace. In doing so, Cheetah allows the people who form the backbone of local economies to focus on what they love: cooking great food and providing excellent service. From the convenience of their phones, business owners can now order whatever they need, discover new, rare or seasonal specialty products, and prioritize their customers. No more rushing to unload your double-parked van, or waiting anxiously for a truck to show up with your weekly allotment of boxes.
About the Hiring Coordinator role:
As a Hiring Coordinator, you will be working alongside our HR team to build our talent pipeline and attract high-quality candidates to work in our fulfillment centers. Our ideal candidate is highly organized, a strong communicator, and has good telephone and computer skills. This could be a temp-to-hire role for the right person!
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate interviews for key roles at our fulfillment centers in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, and Dallas
- Communicate with managers to understand hiring needs
- Conduct applicant assessments and multi-phase new hire processing
- Communicate onboarding plans for new hires and conduct diligent follow-through to ensure candidates show up for their first day of work!
- Meet strict deadlines by reaching out to applications via phone, email, and text
- Sources candidates through various channels such as Indeed, Craiglist and LinkedIn to identify qualified candidates
- Other tasks as needed
- This could be a temp-to-hire role for the right person!
- 1-2 years of experience recruiting hourly warehouse staff
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility and patient when dealing with candidates or completing tasks
- Grit – you have a winning, can-do attitude
- College degree (BA or BS) preferred