Restaurants and small businesses account for hundreds of billions of dollars in annual purchasing, yet most of it happens offline. From the humblest NYC slice and a cup of joe to museum-quality lattes (and, yes, avocado toast), each order represents a long paper trail and a series of truck deliveries.
A relentless executive team has set out to change this reality, armed with deep industry and entrepreneurial experience, personal conviction, and $70M in funding from Eclipse, Floodgate, and the early backers of Facebook, Lyft and Airbnb.
With footholds in several major American urban centers, Cheetah is already streamlining the daily workflow of hundreds of restaurants and small business owners. Using Cheetah’s services, they manage millions of dollars in monthly purchasing, while Cheetah eliminates the burden of costly sales reps and inflexible, inefficient distribution centers. Partnering with the largest wholesale suppliers in the US, Cheetah is bringing Silicon Valley user experience and data-driven insight to a space that hadn’t changed much in decades. In the process, we’re helping to reintroduce the small business owner to the small farmer, global supply chains to familiar faces; and delivery and logistics workers to increased mobility and new opportunities.
Operating smack in the middle of supply and demand, Cheetah has introduced unprecedented transparency in pricing and inventory to the SMB marketplace. In doing so, Cheetah allows the people who form the backbone of local economies to focus on what they love: cooking great food and providing excellent service. From the convenience of their phones, business owners can now order whatever they need, discover new, rare or seasonal specialty products, and prioritize their customers. No more rushing to unload your double-parked van, or waiting anxiously for a truck to show up with your weekly allotment of boxes.
About the Accounts Payable Specialist role:
We are seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist, who has experience with 3-way matching, as well as experience working with buyers, suppliers, and warehouse personnel, in order to resolve any purchase price and quantity variances. This person will also ensure that vendors and employees are paid accurately, timely, and efficiently, while complying with all Company policies and internal controls. We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented, inquisitive, eager to learn, and has a genuine passion for helping restaurants and small businesses succeed!
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of incoming AP invoices (merchandise and non-merchandise payables) and expense reports; this includes 3-way matching, routing invoices for approvals, coding and entering invoices, and processing vendor payments
- Resolve purchase price variances between the PO and the invoice and quantity discrepancies between the invoice and the PO receipt
- Ensure expense reports are in compliance with the corporate T&E policy
- Maintain vendor accounts and ensure that all supporting documentation is attached to invoice records and expense reports.
- Month-end close responsibilities include:
- Setting up the AP accrual for any invoices entered into the following period,
- Assisting with the Open PO accruals by working with the PO owners for completeness and accuracy,
- Assist with T&E and corporate card accruals, and
- Running month-end close reports, such as the AP Aging and Trial Balance, and reconciling the AP subledger to the GL.
- Support system, process and control environment enhancements to optimize the Accounts Payable function for effectiveness and efficiency
- Set up new vendors
- Respond to any internal and external vendor payment inquiries
- Prepare assigned audit requests in an accurate and timely manner
- Responsible for year-end 1099 preparation
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as assigned
- 3+ years of accounts payables experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Ability to work collaboratively across different departments
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Inquisitive and curious; eager to learn
- Experience with ERP systems (NetSuite a plus)
- Experience with expense reporting applications (Expensify a plus)
Benefits and Perks
- Fun work environment with a fully-stocked kitchen and snack area
- Monthly catered lunches
- Company happy hours, team building events, and intramural sports teams
- Unlimited paid time off
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance and commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan and flexible spending benefits
- The opportunity to work alongside a visionary team during Cheetah’s rapid growth!