Restaurants and small businesses account for hundreds of billions of dollars in annual purchasing, most of it happening offline. From the humblest NYC slice and cup of joe to museum-quality lattes (and, yes, avocado toast), each order represents a long paper trail and series of truck deliveries.
Operating smack in the middle of supply and demand, Cheetah is the leading e-commerce solution for Small-Medium Business supplies, a $1T market in the US alone. Cheetah has introduced unprecedented transparency in pricing and inventory to the SMB marketplace.
Customers are no longer beholden to expensive sales reps who lure them in with introductory pricing, only to slowly ratchet them up onto a precarious treadmill of balancing payments and cash flows.
Cheetah allows the people who form the backbone of local economies to focus on what they love doing: cook great food and provide excellent service. From the convenience of their phones, business owners can now order whatever they need, discover new, rare or seasonal specialty products, and prioritize their customers.
About the Client Retention Specialist:
As Cheetah reaches the point of hyper-growth, it is vital for us to focus on what has gotten us this far – our customers, both current and past. Why? At Cheetah we firmly believe the best way to keep our network growing and client base healthy is by providing exceptional support at every stage of our process.
Our Client Retention Team is effective at both conflict resolution and problem-solving while focusing on re-engaging and retaining clients. Our ideal candidate has strong communication skills that will effectively satisfy the needs and wants of our clients.
The Client Retention Specialist will collaborate with our sales team to provide follow-through of order quality and order frequency and also work side by side with the Customer Support team to alleviate past issues on orders and ensure customer satisfaction. You are empathetic, motivated and have a sincere passion for helping restaurants succeed!
What you will be doing:
- Contacting customers at risk of churn to ensure they continue to utilize Cheetah’s subscription service
- Upselling a-la-cart customers to our subscription plan
- Assisting customers with the transition from legacy brands and products to the new Cheetah offerings
- Visiting at-risk and stalled customers to show the benefits of using Cheetah’s service.
- Following up with customer escalations from customer support
- Contacting customers with blocked accounts and facilitating the payment of their past due invoices
- Treating customers and co-workers with dignity and respect
- Participating in ongoing learning and development
- Working closely with both support and sales
- Showing month over month improvement in client retention and save rates
- Re-onboarding and managing saved clients until they are successfully re-engaged with our service and products
- Thinking outside the box to improve processes and create additional value.
- Minimum 2 years of sales or customer success experience
- Proven track record of retaining and upselling customers – you have the ability to pitch customers with the benefits of our services in order to upsell customers through high-value offers
- Excellent customer service skills to successfully assist and interact with customers
- A high degree of patience, as retention specialists need to gather information related to customer dissatisfaction and determine how to best resolve the situation
- Skilled at conflict resolution with the ability to navigate situations where customers are unhappy with the company
- Problem-solving skills – effective problem-solving is central to this position. Retention specialists need to think on their feet to provide solutions to customer issues or complaints
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organization skills because retention specialists must maintain detailed records of interactions and update customer accounts to reflect changes.
Benefits and Perks:
- Generous salary and above-market stock options grant
- Dynamic work environment with a fully-stocked kitchen and snack area
- Unlimited paid time off
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance and commuter benefits
- The opportunity to work alongside a visionary team during Cheetah’s rapid-growth period as an industry disruptor