In uncertain times, it’s good to have a friend in the business. That’s why our team of industry veterans are putting together this series of tips, resources, and advice from around the restaurant world. It’s Cheetah’s mission to help you make it through the current COVID-19 crisis and beyond. Follow along as we try to keep up with ongoing developments
We’re less than a week into the declaration of a global pandemic, and the restaurant industry as we know it is already unrecognizable.
From the West Coast to New York City, the very places where we go for comfort and community, our bars and restaurant dining rooms, have been shuttered. Elsewhere, as the magnitude of the situation begins to seep in, diners are staying home, stocking up, and avoiding crowded areas — which up until last month included your restaurant.
So, what can you do as a restaurant or small business owner?
A variety of tax relief, philanthropic, and small business loan programs are being spun up in record time, but as you might imagine, demand will be high, so apply now to any programs for which you might qualify.
Here’s a growing list of resources for restaurants and small businesses in the Bay Area and beyond who are looking for help in a time of need. We will keep adding to it as more cities and more programs come online.
Email our Restaurateur in Residence, Scott Youkilis, [email protected], if you’d like to see anything new added to the list.
We’re in this together, and we’ve got your back!
Restaurant Relief Programs
Dining at a Distance – A live directory of restaurants that are actively offering takeout, delivery. or curbside pickup programs. We will update as other cities become available. Sign up now to be included in their Bay Area list.
Bay Area Restaurant listings updated frequently – Add your restaurant to the list.
- SBA Disaster Loan Assistance
- Small Business Administration
- Centers for Disease Control
- CDC Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- IRS Tax Relief
- United States Department of Labor
California State Resources:
- Small Business Finance Center
- The Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development
- Employment Development Department, State of California
- California Labor & Workforce Development Agency
- Free Business Coaching
- Work Sharing Program
- Covered California
- COBRA – Benefits Continuation Assistance
San Francisco Business Resources:
- COVID-19 Small Business Resiliency Fund
- Deferral of Business Taxes and License Fees – San Francisco Treasurer
- LSE Application for Commercial Lease Assistance
- SF Emerging Business Loan Fund
- San Francisco Paid Sick Leave & The Coronavirus
- Chamber of Commerce
Los Angeles Business Resources:
Orange County Business Resources:
Oakland Business Resources:
- City of Oakland
- City of Oakland COVID-19 Business Impact Data Survey
- COVID-19 and Oakland’s Sick Leave Law
- Assistance with City of Oakland Business Taxes
- Chamber of Commerce
San Jose Business Resources:
Bay Area Public Health Departments and Resources:
- SF Health Network
- San Francisco Department of Public Health
- Contra Costa Health Services
- Alameda County Public Health Department
- San Mateo County Health
- Marin Health and Human Services
- County of Santa Clara Public Health
- FDIC – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for Bankers and Consumers
- Working Solutions
- Bank of America
- Capital One
- US Bank
- Wells Fargo
Bay Area News and Press Releases:
- Governor Newsom Issues Executive Order to Protect Renters and Homeowners During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Shelter In Place Order – Department of Public Health Order of the Health Officer
- Plan to Provide Paid Sick Leave for Workers Impacted by Coronavirus – Office of the Mayor of San Francisco
- San Francisco to Suspend Power and Water Shutoffs, Waive Penalties and Interest for Delinquent Payments – Office of the Mayor of San Francisco
- Breed issues orders to help small businesses hurt by coronavirus – SF Business Journal
- Give2SF Fund in Response to Coronavirus
Industry News Links:
- “How coronavirus is changing restaurant policies” – Restaurant Dive
- ”Responding to COVID-19: Fast Food Focuses on Drive Thru, Pickup”- QSR Magazine
- ”Restaurants Are F*¢ked — Unless They Get a Bailout” – Eater
- “GrubHub Clarifies It’s Restaurant Aid Program Amid Operator Complaints” – Restaurant Business
- “Trump Administration Wants Americans To Rely On Drive-Thrus For More of Their Food” – Restaurant Business
- “Here’s How Coronavirus Is Impacting the Bay Area Food World” – Eater SF
- ”Governor Newsom Says All California Restaurants Should Shutter Dining Rooms” – Eater
- ”Bay Area restaurants weather coronavirus outbreak, some with devastating losses” – East Bay Times